Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Geeks are funny



One thing that both the US and the UK have come to a consensus on in recent times is how funny Geeks are. In fact Geek humor is now one of the main categories of humor on both sides of the Atlantic. Being pretty much a total nerd myself a lot of things I find funny come from this rising wave including at the top of my list (now finally showing on US TV on IFC), British show "The IT Crowd."

I like the show for all kinds of reasons least of which is Moss played by Richard Ayoade (pictured) reminds me of what I looked and acted like at 14 (yep I really had hair just like that). Two seasons of the show have been broadcast in the UK and in my opinion the second season is far funnier than the first so if you're watching Stateside be patient - this is a show that gets better as it progresses.

Here's the first episode in three parts







And here's a brand new article on Richard from The Guardian today which reveals he's adapting the Welsh novel "Submarine" by Joe Dunthorne which amazon describes as a journey "into the mind of a troubled 14-year-old boy obsessed with his virginity, his parent's failing marriage and the dictionary." Sounds like perfect material if you ask me.

No comments: