Saturday, April 12, 2008

Minimal Hood


Robert Hood explains the development of minimal techno to RA-

RA: did minimal techno - as evidenced by (your classic albums) "Moveable Parts," "Internal Empire," and "Minimal Nation," all of which were released in 1993/94 - come about by accident or design?

"I would say it was by design, I had minimal ideas before I even learned how to turn on a drum machine. Around '92, everyone was just grabbing onto technology, everyone was big on tone generators. Rave was everything in techno then, you know, the gabba sound and stuff. I wanted a more humanistic approach. So I just focussed on what felt good to Robert, and not what the latest trends were. I knew it was the chordy, organistic, really stripped down minimal sound that was natural for me, so I embraced it and went for it."

No comments: