Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Bendy House

Around this time every year Japanese magazine Casa Brutus publish a special edition called "My House" that features a selection of the most exciting new houses in Japan. I've been buying it for the last four years and still find each issue inspirational so of course I'm really looking forward to the new 2008 edition. I am especially keen to see this "bendy house" (my phrase) from a fresh duo with a lot of buzz on them - TNA (Makoto Takei and Chie Nabeshima).




The official name for the building (located in the Himonya neighborhood in Tokyo) is the Mosaic House. The house was also featured in Mark Magazine (issue 10). The special idea here is that the entire functions of the house are on an inverted layout with the family living mostly at the top of the house which is covered with one massive skylight. See more pictures and other TNA projects at their website.

No comments: