Sunday, January 13, 2008

The upcoming book I most want to read



Granta 100 features a chapter from the one new/upcoming book I most want to read - Hanif Kureishi's "Something to Tell You" due out in the UK in March (Faber & Faber) and here in the US later this year. Sadly since I'm on a no music or book purchases diet for all of January 2008 I have to wait to read it !

I've been reading Kureishi since before his movie breakthrough "My Beautiful Launderette" - in other words over two decades. He's one of the few writers whose every written word I try to read. I also had the fortunate pleasure of a interviewing him for Trace magazine a few years back (I'll scan it at a future date and post). When you meet people you've admired from afar from a long time it's often a let down - Hanif is one of the few people I've met that not only met my exceptations but went beyond them and inspired me even more in person.

Here's an early interview about his new book from British Bookseller magazine. And here's a picture of his writers room.

No comments: